In short, these terms exist to protect the community - by joining you agree not to spam other members, steal all our listings, and in general act disagreeable or sneaky. Here's the official scoop:
By using the Greenopia Services (as defined below), which are owned and operated by The Green Media Group LLC, doing business as "Greenopia" and www.greenopia.com ("Greenopia"), and by accessing the Greenopia Site located at http://www.greenopia.com and all linked pages owned and operated by Greenopia (collectively, the "Greenopia Site"), you agree to be bound by these terms of service, as well as any other guidelines, rules and additional terms referenced herein, and all such guidelines, terms and rules are hereby incorporated herein by this reference (collectively, "Terms of Service").
Greenopia's online services which are available at the Greenopia Site will, among other things, help you find businesses, services and product you are looking for by allowing you to get reviews from other Greenopia users, to post and share these reviews with Greenopia users, and to view third-party postings/reviews regarding similar businesses, services and products ("Greenopia Service"). These Terms of Service set out the legally binding terms with respect to your use of and our provision of the Greenopia Site and Greenopia Services. Please read these Terms of Service carefully. Your access to or use of the Greenopia Service constitutes your acceptance of all the provisions of these Terms of Service. If you are unwilling to be bound by these Terms of Service, do not access or use the Greenopia Service.
You must be 18 or over, or the legal age to form a binding contract in your jurisdiction if that age is greater than 18 years of age, to register as a member of Greenopia or use the Greenopia Site and Greenopia Services. If you are under the age of 18 or the applicable legal age in your jurisdiction, you can use the Greenopia Service only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, your parent or guardian who has agreed to the Terms of Service. If you do not qualify, do not use the Service. Membership in the Greenopia Service is void where prohibited by applicable law, and the right to access the Greenopia Site is revoked in such jurisdictions. By using the Greenopia Site and/or Greenopia Services, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into these Terms of Service and to abide by all of the terms and conditions set forth herein.
2. Changes to the Agreement or the Greenopia Services.
You agree and understand that these Terms of Service, the Greenopia Site and the Greenopia Services may be modified by Greenopia at any time without prior notice, and such modifications will be effective upon Greenopia's posting of the new terms and/or upon implementation of the new changes on the Greenopia Site. You agree to review the Terms of Service periodically so that you are aware of any modifications.
Your continued use of the Greenopia Service after any modifications indicates your acceptance of the modified Terms of Service. Unless expressly stated otherwise by Greenopia, any new features, new services, enhancements or modifications to the Greenopia Service implemented after your initial access to the Service shall be subject to these Terms of Service.
3. Registration and Security.
In order to use or access some of the Greenopia Services, you may be required to register with Greenopia and to select a password and user name, which shall consist of an email address you own and use ("User ID"). If you register, you agree to provide Greenopia with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of these Terms of Service, which may result in immediate termination of your account. You may not: (i) enter, select or use a false name or an email address owned or controlled by another person with the intent to impersonate that person, or, (ii) use as a User ID a name subject to any rights of a person other than yourself without appropriate authorization. Greenopia reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a User ID in its discretion. You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your User ID and password. Any User ID and password provided to you for your access to the Greenopia Service shall be for your personal use only. You agree to (a) immediately notify Greenopia of any unauthorized use of your User ID or password, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
4. Use of the Site/Services by Members.
You may use the Greenopia Site to solicit reviews from, and share reviews with other Greenopia users. You may search the Greenopia database for reviews and business contact information. You may forward reviews to people you know, whether or not they are existing Greenopia users. You may invite people you know to join Greenopia. You may download or copy the portions of the information, data, text, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials available via the Greenopia Service ("Content"), and other items displayed on the Greenopia Site, for your own use, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. Greenopia does not control the Content posted by third parties via the Greenopia Service, including the content of any messages or reviews, and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Greenopia Service you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Greenopia be liable in any way for any Content, including any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any Content. You are responsible for complying with all laws applicable to the Content you submit via the Greenopia Service. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the content, integrity, and accuracy of such Content.
5. Restrictions on Rights to Use.
You shall not (and you agree not to allow any third party to):
- modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Greenopia Site and/or Greenopia Service;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Greenopia Site and/or Greenopia Service;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Greenopia Site and/or Greenopia Service;
- collect any information about other users or members (including usernames and/or email addresses) for any purpose other than to solicit and share reviews with other Greenopia users or members;
- reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Greenopia Site and/or Greenopia Service;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- create or transmit unwanted electronic communications such as "spam" to other users or members of the Greenopia Site and/or Greenopia Service or otherwise interfere with other user's or member's enjoyment of the Greenopia Site and/or Greenopia Service;
- submit any third party materials or Content without such third-party's prior written consent;
- submit any Content or material that falsely express or imply that such Content or material is sponsored or endorsed by Greenopia;
- submit any Content or material that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights of any party;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature;
- use of the Greenopia Site or Greenopia Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including that are deemed threatening or obscene;
- copy or store any Content offered on the Greenopia Site for other than your own use;
- submit Content or materials that are unlawful or promote or encourage illegal activity;
- submit false or misleading information to Greenopia;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our IT infrastructure;
- use the Greenopia Site and/ or Greenopia Service, intentionally or unintentionally, to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law; or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph.
6. Content Posted By You on the Greenopia Site.
- You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- You understand and agree that Greenopia may review and delete any Content, business listings (including business name, address, phone, fax, distance, reviews, rating, reviews) that in the sole judgment of Greenopia violates these Terms of Service or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights of, harm, or threaten the safety of other users or members of the Greenopia Site and/or other website users.
- You are solely responsible for the any Content that you publish or display on the Greenopia Site or transmit to other members and/or other website users (hereinafter, "Posted Content").
- You are solely responsible for your ratings and reviews of businesses listed on Greenopia. Greenopia reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and any entity which you have reviewed.
- You agree that you will only post Content that you believe to be true and you will not purposely provide false or misleading information.
- By posting Posted Content on the Greenopia Site, you agree to and hereby do grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, Greenopia, its contractors, and the users of the Greenopia Site an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully sublicensable, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, digitally perform, publicly display, and distribute such Posted Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Posted Content.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of Content and communications that are illegal or prohibited on/through the Greenopia Site. Greenopia reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Greenopia Service and terminating the membership of such violators or blocking your use of the Greenopia Service and/or Greenopia Site. You may not post Content that:
- is false or intentionally misleading;
- is patently offensive to users of the Greenopia Site, such as Content or messages that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group
- or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming"
- promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive;
- is threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature; and
- seeks or recommends providers of material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or seeks or recommends providers that solicit personal information from anyone under 18.
7. Copyright Dispute Policy.
Greenopia has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act or DMCA (posted at http://www.lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf). The address of Greenopia's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ("Designated Agent") is provided at the bottom of this section.
- Greenopia Policy.
It is Greenopia's policy to (i) block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, Content providers, members or users; and (ii) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
- Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements.
If you believe that material or Content residing on or accessible through the Greenopia Site or Service infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below ("Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification"):
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of works or materials being infringed;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Greenopia is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
4. Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, email address;
5. A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Upon Receipt of a Bona Fide Infringement Notification.
Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is received by the Designated Agent, it is Greenopia's policy:
1. to remove or disable access to the infringing material;
2. to notify the Content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
3. that repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and that Greenopia will terminate such Content provider's, member's or user's access to the service.
- Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent.
If the Content provider, member or user believes that the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the Content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, the Content provider, member or user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the Content provider, member or user;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access to has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
3. A statement that the Content provider, member or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
4. The Content provider's, member's or user's name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the Content provider's, member's or user's address is located, or if the Content provider's, member's or user's address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Greenopia is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Greenopia may send a copy if the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Greenopia's discretion. Please contact Greenopia's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement at the following address:
Terrye M. Bretzke
Copyright Agent, The Green Media Group, LLC
P.O. Box 1706, Santa Monica, CA 90406-1706
Fax (310) 917-1109
Email to: email@example.com
8. Venue Only.
If you enter into correspondence or engage in commercial transactions with third parties in connection with your use of the Greenopia Service, such activity is solely between you and the applicable third party. Greenopia shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such activity. You hereby release Greenopia from all claims arising from such activity.
These Terms of Service will remain in full force and effect while you use the Greenopia Site and/or Greenopia Services. Either Party may terminate these Terms of Service for any reason, at any time. Sections 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 shall survive any termination or expiration of these Terms of Service.
Except for the Content submitted by members or users, the Greenopia Service and all aspects thereof, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights therein, is owned by Greenopia or its licensors. You acknowledge that the Greenopia Service and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Greenopia Service contain Greenopia’s proprietary information. You may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, publicly display or in any way exploit, any of the content, software, and/or materials available on the Greenopia Site, or Greenopia Services in whole or in part except as expressly provided in Greenopia’s policies and procedures made available via the
Greenopia Service. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, Greenopia and its suppliers do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Greenopia Service not expressly granted by Greenopia to you are retained by Greenopia.
THE #00853f;OPIA SITE IS PROVIDED BY #00853f;OPIA ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. #00853f;OPIA AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE #00853f;OPIA SITE, #00853f;OPIA SERVICE OR SOFTWARE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THE #00853f;OPIA SITE OR IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE #00853f;OPIA SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, #00853f;OPIA AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. #00853f;OPIA AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES FURTHER DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS OR OTHER ITEMS CONTAINED WITHIN THE #00853f;OPIA SITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
#00853f;OPIA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, OF ANY USER OF THE #00853f;OPIA SITE. Greenopia does not warrant or covenant that the Greenopia Service will be available at any time or from any particular location, will be secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the #00853f;OPIA Service is free of viruses or other potentially harmful components. Any material or Content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Greenopia Service is accessed at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY ANY USER FROM #00853f;OPIA, THE #00853f;OPIA SITE OR THROUGH OR FROM THE #00853f;OPIA SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
13. Limitation on Liability.
Greenopia shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond Greenopia's reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation (including "line-noise" interference). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, #00853f;OPIA AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW, FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND/OR LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, #00853f;OPIA'S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSES WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (i) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO #00853f;OPIA FOR THE #00853f;OPIA SERVICES IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY OR (ii) $100. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS
WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
You agree to indemnify and hold The Green Media Group, LLC and Greenopia, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their managers, members, officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents, harmless, including costs and attorneys' fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (i) your access to the Greenopia Site, (ii) your use of the Greenopia Services, (iii) the violation of these Terms of Service by you, or (iv) the infringement by you, or any third party using your account or User ID or password, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
If there is any dispute about or involving the Greenopia Site and/or the Greenopia Service, by using the Greenopia Site, you agree that the dispute will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts of the State of California, City of Los Angeles. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of these Terms of Service and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind Greenopia in any respect whatsoever. Greenopia may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms of Service by email, regular mail or postings on the Greenopia Service.
These Terms of Service, accepted upon use of the Greenopia Site, and all terms, guidelines and rules referenced herein contain the entire agreement between you and Greenopia regarding the use of the Greenopia Site and/or the Greenopia Service. The failure of Greenopia to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms of Service shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. These Terms of Service are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with Greenopia's prior written consent. The section titles in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
17. Contact and Violations.
Please contact us with any questions regarding these Terms of Service or to report any violations of the Terms of Service.
The names "Greenopia" and "www.greenopia.com," and all designs and drawings comprising the Greenopia logo and symbol, are proprietary trademarks of The Green Media Group LLC.