|We're also always seeking out hands-on tools to help us. Our friends at the Carbon Fund are making it easy for us to fight global warming, one person at a time.|
The good news is that the best way to help clear the air is easier than you think. For us, making our lives as eco-efficient as possible means a daily commitment: reducing our energy output, cutting back on drive time, buying eco-friendly merchandise-every little bit helps. For what you can't reduce in your day-to-day life, you can consider going "carbon neutral"-by offsetting your personal contribution, you'll do your part to create a healthier and more stable future. Here's how it works: Carbon neutrality, or carbon offsetting, is the process by which global warming gases emitted by a certain activity, event, or process are calculated and then effectively offset by removing or preventing an equal amount of pollution elsewhere. These offsets usually involve renewable energy projects like wind power, solar, or methane; reforestation projects (trees absorb CO2); or energy efficiency programs.
Carbon offset actions can take place next door or on the other side of the world, but the desired goal is that they reduce the net amount of greenhouse gases released into the atmosphere. If emissions can be calculated, then they can be offset.
Go carbon-neutral and you'll breathe a little easier.
We're always looking for little things to help us on the green path. Quick and simple tips, like how you should unplug chargers for electronic devices to save energy (only 5% of the power drawn by a cell phone charger is used to charge the phone-the other 95% is wasted when it is left plugged into the wall!). Check the site daily for our "Tip of the Day" and please send your own suggestions for tips to us.